Blogging is a labor of love, which is to say I do it for free. The love, adoration, and comments of my fine readers are reward enough. However, running a website is not free, so I’m willing to compromise and accept compensation for my blogging.
Reviews & Giveaways
If you would like to have a product reviewed on Making Geek Look Good, I’d be happy to work with you. Just get in touch with me (me[at]resamichelle[dot]com), but please don’t send me products without a heads up. It’ll just get lost in the shuffle and I won’t be able to guarantee a review.
I love to do giveaways in conjunction with a review, because it’s kind of a tease to tell my readers all about how awesome your product is without having something in it for them. That said, I don’t charge for giveaways when they’re paired with a product review. Because I like to give back to my readers in some way, discount codes are always welcome.
I do charge a fee for giveaways without product reviews, and you can contact me for more information on those rates.
When you send me a product, please include the following information:
- A description of the product as well as its monetary value.
- A link to the product
- A high res photo for my post
I do have a few requirements:
1. I will only be able to review full sized products because I’d like to be as thorough as possible, and sample sizes just don’t allow for that kind of depth.
2. I’m not responsible for any shipping, duties, or associated fees. This includes shipping to giveaway winners, so please hold any products and mail them directly to the recipients.
3. All reviews are property of Resa Michelle – Making Geek Look Good. You’re welcome to quote me with proper credits.
4. If you’d like to do a giveaway, please let me know if the giveaway is open to US, Canada, or Worldwide.
My opinions will always be my own – I’ve built my reputation on authenticity, so I will always write my reviews based on my own personal thoughts about my experiences. If I’m not totally crazy about a product, I’ll contact you to give you the choice to opt out of the review.
More on Giveaways
Winners are selected by random.org (a random integer generator) and are notified by email. They have 48 hours to claim their prize by sending me their shipping information, which I will promptly forward to you.
Typically, I’ll require that a reader visit your site and comment with their favorite related product. Extra entries can come from liking you on Facebook, following you on Twitter, or subscribing to your site or newsletter via RSS or email, so please let me know which medium you would most like to target.
I’m happy to work with you to promote you or your event for a negotiated fee. If I’m totally crazy about what you do, though, I’ll promote it in exchange for the services you provide or opportunity to be a part of the event itself. These promotions would take the form of informational press-releases, but any opinions expressed will still be my own.
I’m totally down with advertising your business on my blog. After all, I do have adspace. These adspaces vary in size and placement, as do the prices, so please contact me for details.